The Waterloo Region Greens has several committees, which meet on the alternate month from our regular meetings. Please contact the Committee Chair if you’d like to join a committee.
- Nomination Committee
- Find candidates in all five Waterloo Region electoral districts for both Federal and Provincial elections.
Chair: Kris Braun firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Committee
- Ensure that Waterloo Region Greens has a presence at community events such as WR Nonviolence Day In The Park, Open Streets &c. Maintain the information table materials.
Organize events put on by Waterloo Region Greens such as Social Nights and Meet The Candidates. Keep the WRGreens Events Calendar up-to-date.
Chair: Bob Jonkman email@example.com
- Volunteer Committee
- The role of the volunteer committee is to recruit, attract and maintain a growing volunteer base, dedicated to the work of the Green Party in Waterloo Region. This includes both core volunteers (eg committee members and other roles) as well as occasional volunteers (eg one-time help during a campaign or other event.).
We are looking for people with energy, excitement and commitment to the Green Party, and the values it carries. If you are interested in participating in this way, we would love to hear from you! If you have any questions, please feel free to email the chair. WRGreens aims to reply to all emails within 48 hours. However, if you do not get a response for any reason, please resend your email. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Communications/Outreach Committee
Keep in touch with local newspapers, magazines, radio and TV stations. Write letters to the editors. Create press releases and information table materials.
Chair: Tori Mikhnovsky firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising Committee
- Find donors to contribute funds for the running of the Waterloo Region Greens’ Electoral District Associations (the Federal riding associations) and Constituency Associations (the Provincial riding associations). Manage the funds for WRGreens.