This is not a WR Greens event, but may be of interest to environmentally conscientious members.
From Kevin Thomason of GREN:
Happy New Year!
While the holidays have been a wonderful break from Bill 66, we don’t have much time to send a strong, clear message to Premier Ford about our concerns this Bill could have on our community, farmland, green space, and natural resources.
I’d like to remind you of the upcoming meeting this Thursday at the same room at CIGI as our initial community meeting. Details are as follows:
Date: Thursday, January 3, 2019
Location: Room A142, CIGI – Centre for International Governance and Innovation – 67 Erb Street West, Waterloo Map
Access: Through main West doors (facing Erb St) near Caroline St. Intersection
A tentative agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- update/status of groups working to book Council delegation appearances at municipal and regional councils
- update/status of groups working to book MPP meetings in local ridings
- time for groups to meet in breakout sessions and figure out next steps/activities
- planning/discussion of January 12th Bill 66 training event/protest in Ajax
- planning/preparations for January 15th event at Kitchener City Hall with ECO Dianne Saxe and other speakers
- other business
We had a tremendous turnout at our initial meeting and It will be important to have at least one delegate from each community group at this next meeting to help ensure a strong, co-ordinated response to Bill 66.
Please share any questions or ideas and I hope to see you on Thursday evening.
P.S. There is a draft Citizens Toolkit for Bill 66 that is coming together as groups across the province aggregate their materials and efforts. It is evolving daily and contains some good background and supporting material against Bill 66.
P.P.S Also attached below are some initial social media images and video that are under development provincially:
Bill 66 Social Media Video:
YouTube: Save The Greenbelt – Stop Bill 66
Vice-Chair, Grand River Environmental Network